Saturday, August 22, 2009

So it took six years but Quentin Tarantino is making good movies again. I think my only problem with Inglourious Basterds are that it got way too film-nerdy even for a Tarantino movie (obsessive references to war-era German directors that nobody knows about, for example.). It also got way too fucking slow in the middle but I don't think the movie would be any better if it had an hour of people getting shot in the face. It would probably be more like a typical 21st century American action film and therefore shit. I really liked the Godard-style chapters and the fact that mexican standoffs are back. The violence in the movie came in 10 second bursts usually and were extremely graphic and full of blood packs and fucking lightning fast cuts. This is definitely the QT who got me into movies when I was 16 and not the QT that did horrible overlong vanity movies in 2006. But holy shit watch this movie, it's good.

No comments: